Global Filipino Icon Award 2025 To Recognize Malilay Sisters For Jiu-Jitsu Wins

The Malilay sisters prove that Filipino athletes are a force to be reckoned with as they receive international recognition through the Global Filipino Icon Award 2025.

A Young Boy’s Mystical Journey Unfolds In Danielle Florendo’s New Storybook

Experience the wonder of indigenous storytelling in Danielle Florendo’s The Legend of Uta Cave, a tale filled with magic, mystery, and mythology.

More Access To Japan As 5 New Visa Centers Open For Filipino Travelers

Filipinos eager to explore Japan’s culture, food, and sights will soon benefit from a smoother visa application process.

Modern Family: How Friends Become Our Companions In The Outside World

As we grow older, friendships and companionships turn into families we can call home. These chosen families shape the way we move through the world.

Guv. Mamba Warns Of ECQ As COVID-19 Cases Spike

Cagayan Governor Manuel Mamba warns of the implementation of enhanced community quarantine in the entire province if the COVID-19 cases would continue to increase.
By Society Magazine

Guv. Mamba Warns Of ECQ As COVID-19 Cases Spike

54
54

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

Cagayan Governor Manuel Mamba on Monday warned of the implementation of enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in the entire province if the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) cases would continue to increase.

The province logged 143 new Covid-19 cases as of Sunday, 17 of whom are policemen from Enrile town.

“Seventeen police members of Enrile were positive as additional one was confirmed aside from 16 previously reported to me by the provincial health officer. Yesterday’s data was alarming for having 143 cases in a day so we warn people to observe health protocols very strictly. If cases will not mellow, I will be forced to have an ECQ in entire Cagayan,” Mamba said.

“Now we have the bulk in Tuguegarao City and Enrile with 58 and 57 cases, respectively, aside from cases in other towns. It is alarming,” he said.

It was learned that two Enrile policemen (CV 2274 and 2287) tested positive for coronavirus and had infected 15 of their co-workers.

Meanwhile, Enrile Mayor Miguel Decena Jr. has transferred the distribution of travel passes and Covid Shield passes to the New Enrile Public Market-Office of the Market Supervisor following the spike of cases at the police station and town hall where the documents were earlier distributed. “Health certificates and other travel documents shall also be facilitated in the said office,” he said.

Decena has also ordered the extension of liquor ban, which should have been lifted last October 16 if not for the spike of cases, until November 5.

“It has been observed that selling or serving and consumption of liquors and other similar alcoholic drinks encourage close contact among people, thereby defeating the objectives of the community quarantine,” he said.

The mayor has also extended the lockdowns in Centro and Magalalag East in Enrile town while contact tracing and coronavirus containment efforts have been intensified. The other barangays have been under modified ECQ. (PNA)