The country’s total number of recovered cases from the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) is now 475,422, as 13 more recovered from the disease, the Department of Health (DOH) on Monday said.
In its 4 p.m. case bulletin, the DOH said the figure represents 92.3 percent of those who tested positive of the virus that has so far beaten the illness.
The agency also reported 1,581 new confirmed cases and 50 new deaths.
These figures brought the overall tally of active cases to 29,282 and the death toll to 10,292.
The DOH noted about 84.3 percent of the active cases are mild, 8.6 percent are asymptomatic, 2.6 percent are severe, 0.51 percent are moderate, and 4.1 percent are in critical condition.
“There were 14 duplicates that were removed from the total case count, and, of these, 13 recovered cases have been removed. In addition, 190 cases were found to have tested negative and have been removed from the total case count,” it said.
“Moreover, one case that was previously tagged as recovered was reclassified as a death after final validation,” it added.
Quezon City topped the list of places that logged the most number of new cases with 89 infections.
It was followed by Cebu City with 88; Cavite with 80; Davao City with 78; and Cebu with 50.
DOH data on Jan. 24 showed that 907 or 5.2 percent of 17,398 who were tested turned out positive for Covid-19.
Currently, there is a 27,200-bed capacity dedicated to patients with Covid-19.
Available are 63 percent of 2,000 intensive care unit beds, 68 percent of 15,500 isolation beds, and 78 percent of 7,300 ward beds.
About 79 percent of 2,100 ventilators are available for Covid-19 patients’ use.
The agency reminded the public to continue observing minimum public health standards – physical distancing, wearing of face mask and full coverage face shields and proper handwashing. (PNA)