Promoting a healthier environment for its students, the leading educational institution, STI College, launched an exclusive event to foster holistic growth and development by engaging the students in co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
On January 25, the institution once again opened its longstanding STI Talent Search at the Enchanted Kingdom in Laguna, wherein STI students were able to showcase their skills and talents beyond the four walls of the classroom.
To count, more than 22,000 students attended the said event and came from different STI campuses nationwide.
In the said gathering, the students were able to represent their school chapters as students featured their talents, such as singing in Singing Idol and Battle of the Bands, dancing from Hataw Sayaw, and even their charisma through the heartthrobs and darlings that participated in the Search for Mr. and Ms. STI.
During the talent search, numerous STI students were awarded. To cite, here are the winners:
Titles of Mr. and Ms. STI 2023
- Mr. STI 4th runner-up: John Reyn Espina from STI College Balayan
- Ms. STI 4th runner-up: Mary Ann Dela Cruz from STI College Balagtas
- Mr. STI 3rd runner-up: Brandon Ceralde from STI College Dagupan
- Ms. STI 3rd runner-up: Jenny May Benedictos from STI College Malolos
- Mr. STI 2nd runner-up: John Paul Gabriel from STI College Baliuag
- Ms. STI 2nd runner-up: Loucille Allaine Bergado from STI College Tarlac
- Mr. STI 1st runner-up: Angelo Bautista from STI College San Jose Del Monte
- Ms. STI 1st runner-up: Argentina Colombia Sanchez from STI College Balayan
- Mr. STI: Harjit Chohan from STI College Caloocan
- Ms. STI: Kimberly Tinoy from STI College San Pablo
- STI College Ormoc
STI Singing Idol Champion
- Donalynne May Soriano from STI College Calamba
Battle of the Bands 2023 National Champions
- The Haley band from STI College – Novaliches
Besides showcasing their talents, STI also prepared a variety of fun and exciting activities for the students, as celebrity guests were also present during the event.
With the success of this recent gathering, the STI management was encouraged further to create more initiatives such as this to continue improving the future of the students, noting that they are succeeding generations who can lead the country.
“For 40 years, STI College has been nurturing students’ potential through academic and extracurricular activities. Consistently at the forefront of innovation, we provide our students with holistic learning and real-life experiences to help them become well-rounded individuals,” said Ferdie T. Dantes, STI Assistant Vice President for Academics.
The STI Talent Search is one of the various activities launched by STI College as a kick-off to their kick-off on the second semester, which caters to more exciting activities and learnings for the students. The Second Semester includes programs like the National Youth Convention (NYC), which features different decades of STI students; Tagisan ng Talino (TNT); and Tagisan ng Sining (TNS), which highlight the exceptional skills of STIers.
Other academic competitions include Think Quest (team quiz bee), CodeFest (mobile app development), Mix ‘n Flair (flair bartending), Travelogue (tour guiding), Chef Xpress (cooking competition), Shutter’s Best (photography), and Director’s Cut (short film).
For further information about its initiatives for students, feel free to visit www.sti.edu.