The number of families affected by two powerful earthquakes that struck Mindanao last week has climbed to 35,661 which is equivalent to 178,305 persons, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) announced.
The update, signed and released by NDRRMC executive director Ricardo Jalad, said the affected individuals are from 200 barangays in Regions 11 and 12 (Davao and Soccsksargen).
He said 4,362 families or 21,810 persons are being sheltered in 30 evacuation centers while another 1,493 families or around 7,465 individuals are being aided outside.
The number of fatalities for the two earthquakes was placed at 21 with 432 injured and two other missing in Region 10 (Northern Mindanao), 11, 12 and the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM).
The NDRRMC records show 12 persons were killed by various causes in the magnitude 6.6 earthquake recorded on October 29 while another nine died due to magnitude 6.5 tremor on October 31.
Number of damaged infrastructure was placed at 28,932 in Regions 9 (Zamboanga Peninsula), 10, 11, 12 and the BARMM as of this posting. (PNA)