Wednesday, December 2, 2020

New Motion Vs. Duterte Before ICC ‘Doomed From The Start’

New Motion Vs. Duterte Before ICC ‘Doomed From The Start’

Spotlight

Filipino PR Executive Wins People Of The Year 2020 In Beijing

PAGEONE Group CEO Ron F. Jabal was recognized as People of the Year 2020 in the Golden Flag Awards — one of most prominent PR awards in China!

GSIS To Release Php3.3B In Christmas Cash Gift To Pensioners Starting Dec 1

Good news! GSIS announced that it will start to release a total of Php3.3 billion in Christmas cash gift to a total of 330,496 old-age and disability pensioners starting December 1.

Igniting The Future Of Filipino Youth Through Education

EDC continues to uphold its mission to elevate the lives of its partner communities through various education initiatives.

Violence Against Children At Home During Pandemic – Save The Children Research Reveals

A recent report by Save the Children revealed that "the more household income that has been lost owing to COVID-19, the higher the reporting of violence in the home by both children and parents/ caregivers."

The supplemental motion calling for a probe into President Rodrigo Duterte’s drug war, which was filed by human rights group Rise Up for Life and Rights before the International Criminal Court (ICC), is “doomed from the start”, Malacañang said.

Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said the human rights group resorted to ICC because it failed to present proof of extrajudicial killings that resulted from the anti-illegal narcotics campaign.

“If Rise Up has any basis for its submission then they should have the decency to honor the memory of those who died, and file actual complaints before our courts,” Panelo said in a Palace briefing.

“Its immediate resort to the ICC, when our courts are able and willing to hear any and all cases in the country, shows that they are using the deaths to pursue its own selfish agenda,” he added.

Panelo said the human rights group relied on “trumped-up figures”, which have no factual basis and that they knew that the same allegations will not hold up in court.

He also said the Rise Up is trying to “blemish” legitimate operations of law enforcement personnel, who were only forced to protect themselves in the performance of their duty.

The Palace official tagged the human rights group as “a network of Church-based and sectoral organizations whose existence is bound by their sheer hatred and common despise against President Duterte and this administration.”

“Rise Up’s latest move is no different. It aims to embarrass President Duterte while he is busy working outside the country to promote the Philippines,” Panelo said.

“This action is foul to say the least as this runs contrary to our standard norm and behavior to be united for our leader every time the Chief Executive is in a foreign country building up the image of the country in the international stage,” he added.

Duterte was in Russia for a 5-day state visit last week.

Panelo also slammed the “noisy anti-Duterte critics and detractors” for resorting to “political theatrics and gimmickry”, which includes using the grief and loss of widows and mothers whose husbands or children had been neutralized by the anti-narcotics campaign.

He said this would, in turn, catch people’s attention with the objective of once again demonizing the President and his government.

Meanwhile, Panelo expressed confidence that Filipinos will still support the President despite this motion.

“The Filipino people are intelligent and discerning. They cannot be fooled by this cheap political propaganda,” Panelo said.

“We are confident that they will continue to solidly support the President for the remainder of his term and honor his efforts of serving and protecting them in obedience to the constitutional command,” he added. (PNA)

Latest News

LGU Ordinances Needed Before Minors Can Enter Malls

Dapat na nga bang payagan ang mga minor de edad sa mga mall?

3 Airlines Resume Cebu-Bacolod-Cebu Flights

Good news! These 3 airlines are resuming their Cebu to Bacolod flights!

EDSA-Bagong Barrio U-Turn Slot Closed On Dec. 7

In line with the DOTr’s EDSA Busway project, the U-turn slot located along EDSA in the Bagong Barrio area will be closed effective December 7.

LGUs Approve 2.2K Telco Tower Permits: DILG

A total of 2,220 telecommunication permits have been approved to address the public clamor for improved telecommunications services, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic where millions of people are working and studying from home.

Task Force Monitors Areas With Spike In Covid-19 Cases

The National Task Force (NTF) Against Covid-19 is closely monitoring areas that saw a slight increase in COVID-19 cases.

‘Little Batanes’ Of Pangasinan Temporarily Closed To Tourists

The Bagbag Beach or more popularly known as the ‘Little Batanes’ of Pangasinan will be temporarily closed to tourists and residents from outside the town due to the sudden influx of tourists.

Science And Arts Join Hands In DOST’s Bamboo Musical Instruments Concert

One of the featured activities at this year’s "Musika ng Kawayan, Yaman ng Bayan” virtual concert are the locally-made bamboo musical instruments!

27th National PR Congress Goes Digital, Tackles Industry Issues In The New Normal

Learn more about the post-pandemic Philippine PR landscape, industry recovery efforts, and pressing issues among others at the upcoming 27th National PR Congress this February 2021!

SMC Reports Smooth Traffic At Expressways On 1st Day Of 100% Cashless Toll Implementation

San Miguel Corporation reported that traffic along its expressways and toll plazas was generally smooth on the first morning of implementation of government's mandate for 100% cashless toll collection.

Grab Leads Wide Celebration And Appreciation For Filipino Drivers And Delivery Riders

To show appreciation for all modern-day heroes, Grab brought together the Filipino community in celebration of the Araw ng Tagapaghatid last November 29, 2020.