The Davao del Norte provincial government has realigned some PHP215.7 million emergency funds to better respond to the 2019 coronavirus disease (Covid-19) crisis.
In a statement, Governor Edwin Jubahib said the province will give top priority to addressing the public health emergency and providing a lifeline for constituents.
Jubahib said the realignment approved by the Provincial Board late last week was in consonance with the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) directive allowing the local government units (LGUs) to tap to their 20-percent development fund for Covid-19 response.
Jubahib said the budget will be used for relief assistance, isolation rooms, personal protective equipment, and hygiene kits, and provisions for front-liners, medicines, medical equipment, decontamination chambers, disinfectants, and other similar supplies.
Meanwhile, the governor called on Davao del Norte residents to “prepare and be ready if the situation worsens” as the number of Covid-19 cases rises in the province.
As of 3 p.m. Monday, the province reported nine Covid-19 patients who are admitted at the Davao Regional Medical Center (DRMC) in Tagum City.
The province has 22 patients under investigation (PUIs) and 229 persons under monitoring (PUMs).
Jubahib led the inauguration of 30 patient care centers for PUIs located in the municipalities of Carmen and Kapalong last April 3.
The province also distributed 325,000 food packs to the different LGUs to augment the relief assistance to the Dabawnon families.
On Sunday, Jubahib placed the province under enhanced community quarantine, except the Island Garden City of Samal (IGaCoS), from April 5 – April 20 this year. (PNA)